Our plans are for a mixed use development which will provide new and affordable homes, high quality public realm, new shops and office space which will provide jobs for the local area.
The proposals include:
- 517 much needed new homes including 35% affordable housing.
- Over 8,000m2 of much needed new commercial space, addressing the local shortage.
- 2 new connections through the site leading through to the river and the Thames Path.
- A new café and space for community facilities, creating activity at ground floor along Swandon Way and Smugglers Way.
- Outstanding landscaping and new public space available for the local community to enjoy.
- 192 trees on the site including the retention of 18 of the existing trees along Swandon Way and Smugglers Way.
- Over 1,000m2 of play space for new local residents.
- 60 car parking spaces and over 1,000 cycle parking spaces for the commercial space and for new residents.
- A new traffic crossing on Swandon Way connecting with the Homebase development.
- A mix of high quality new buildings of outstanding design which will contribute to the emerging townscape.
To view a copy of the information displayed at our public exhibition, please click here.